Friday, November 21, 2008

Pocahontas Lapbook

We concluded our studies on Jamestown and Pocahontas at the end of October, but I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures of the lapbook we completed. We read both Pocahontas by D'Aulaire and Jamestown from The Adventures in Colonial America Series. Our lapbook componets came from HomeschoolShare's free Pocahontas lapbook.

Photobucket
I found this map of Powhatan's Indian village while surfing the internet. I didn't save the site so I'm not sure where it came from.

Photobucket
All the kids worked together to make this lapbook, each one making different booklets.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mapping Jamestown.

Photobucket
Pocahontas marries John Rolfe.

Photobucket
How the Indians help the Englishmen and the gifts that were given to Chief Powhatan from the King og England (his 'Royal Brother').

Photobucket
Pocahontas saves John Smith's life twice.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Even the little ones help with the lapbook, practicing letters. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Your lapbooking looks great! I've said a prayer for your house to sell if it's supposed to.

    Thanks for the sweet words about TOS. It was neat seeing my name in the magazine - and twice to boot!

    I'm going to spend some time this weekend poking around your blog for ideas. It looks great and I'm attempting to make my new one more cozy like yours. We'll see if I have any clue at all what I'm doing! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails